It is our goal to make the Android Community Release System the bible
of Android releases for ROM updates on any Android device. We
have a lot of plans for the future and intend to add more themes,
application, modifications and anything else that will enhance the
functionality of your device.
If you haven't already signed up for a Community Release account, go to the registration page and
reserve your username now. Developers who already
have an established name within the community will take priority over regular
user accounts, so please take this into consideration when you apply for
View the latest
Community Release Changelog to find out what's new and what may be
coming. You'll also find our
support forums at the same location for any issues you may find, and
as this is a big release, Your probably going to find some.
flappjaxxx Proudly Presents AOSPxXx JB 4.1.2 "Jethro Bubba is Back and he is Updated!"
Often Imitated but Never Duplicated!
Read The first three posts thoroughly! When you are done, Read Them Again!
What is it you ask? - A Serious Work in Progress!
What are the features? - This is a No Frills build compiled by myself from the latest AOSP/CM10 source for SGH-i717 with a lot of my own tweaks and custom kernel. - h0tcakez kernel v3.0 with 1.83Ghz CPU-OC+UV with automatic GPU-OC Kernel Source Here - Most CM10 tweaks and features removed and replaced for a more AOSP experience - Custom AOSPxXx Launcher is default Launcher - OTA updates - System Tuner Now included! - ES File Manager - QuickPic - Memo App - G-Note App - Occasional freezes, flickers and reboots - Tons of Features in FJ-Mod Tools located in the Settings Menu - One touch flash of your favorite recovery with choice of CWM, CWM Touch or TWRP! - One touch to set your favorite DPI including easy switching between Tablet Mode and Phone mode without having to use third party apps or manually edit your build.prop! - Ability to download and install Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher - Again Please keep in mind that this is an Beta Release. It is very stable for every day use but will contain bugs
Instructions: 1. Download to sdcard 2. Download any Important fixes or non-wipe updates 3. Reboot to recovery 4. Wipe data/factory reset *ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM * FULL WIPE BEFORE INSTALLING THIS ROM OR I DON`T GIVE A **** WHAT YOUR PROBLEMS ARE!!! * 5. Flash Rom 6. Flash any Important fixes or non-wipe updates 7. Flash GApps provided as they are the only one supported 8. Flash any Fixes or updates above 9. Reboot and Enjoy 10. *Bug reports not necessary in this thread* This ROM ships As-Is
*Kernel Issue* There is a known bug in the kernel when setting clock speeds with certain OC/UV Apps. The issue is that when setting overclock settings it is only overclocking one core and leaving the other core at stock speeds. This is not specific to the kernel included here. After much testing today I have narrowed down some things. 1. The following apps DO NOT set clock speeds on both cores correctly: Antutu CPU Master and CM9 Performance Settings 2. The following apps DO set clock speeds on both cores correctly: SetCPU and System Tuner I prefer System Tuner as it gives you many more options. I have also discovered and so have some of you already that you do not need to force all CPUs online on boot. The second core will come online when the cpu is taxed enough to need it online. I have tested this on Antutu Benchmark and Quadrant and have had best results using System Tuner and have witnessed it bring the second core online consistently. My suggestion for now until this is worked out on a kernel level, is to use System Tuner. This is not a terrible bug but unless you use System Tuner or SetCPU, you will not be overclocking the CPU properly.
If people are going to report bugs and issues they need to go into plenty of detail if they expect me to even consider looking into it.
This is what I expect from you: 1. Honesty. Be truthful about what you have flashed/added on. Examples being cameras, galleries, inverted apps, pimp my rom, supercharger and anything of the sort that is not in the OTA or directly supported.
2. Did you dirty flash? If so just move on and don`t even mention issues. I spend a lot of time working on this and I expect people to be able to sacrifice a fraction of time I spend making these ROMs, setting them up correctly like I ask in the OP.
3. Titanium Backup: Yes it is useful! No I don`t use it! Again be honest when using this, especially if you are restoring any sort of data, whether it is system data or user/app data I have seen people state "I don`t feel like spending the amount of times it takes to set everything up fresh" My response to this is: "It typically takes 15 minutes tops to set everything back up the way you like it, maybe 30 minutes. This is nothing compared to the hours and sometimes days, weeks, months developers spend on ALL of the ROMs and mods that are made available"
4. Remember no one is owed anything in these forums. My stance on this statement is this. I make these ROMs/Mods for me first. This may sound selfish but it is the truth. This is what I like and what I use. I choose to share this with everyone else. I am in no way obligated to even support them. I choose to do this. If you feel the need to make crappy comments to me or another user, please just keep the comments to yourself. It doesn`t help and just makes this an unpleasant experience for everyone.
5. I am repeating this again. If you are going to reports bugs, back them up with some substance. "My phone rebooted today, going back to another ROM" Tell me how that helps me fix bugs. We all know that JB has this issue. Repeating it over and again isn`t going to fix it. I never have random reboots and I don`t think it is by accident.
6. Be nice. If you are having a problem be nice about it. If you feel the need to respond to someone who may be annoying you or someone else, be nice about it. If you see someone else being rude or ignorant, don`t respond. Use the Report Button. Flaming and general rude/annoyed/exasperated behavior is not appreciated and doesn`t help at all. It just junks up the thread.
7. I have tailored this particular project to exactly my own tastes and what I believe to work best. If you do not follow my specific instructions on what I expect back from the community then please just don`t post here.
XDA is all about contributing to each other. This isn`t a just a repository. this is a place to learn and contribute back. I think a lot of people miss that. Use it for what it is meant for, not to just make your devices cooler.
Known Issues: -Video Player controls on YouTube, Netflix and so on don`t show up properly. Solution = Home screen> Menu> System settings> Developer options> Disable HW overlays. This will reset itself every time on reboot. This is specific to ALL current JB ROMs for the AT&T Note -Using conservative governor may cause random freezes and shut downs/reboots. -Setting minimum clock speed to 192 does not benefit you. It will most likely cause slow downs and instability including reboots and freezes. I have found that it absolutely DOES NOT improve battery life! -Setting DPI to anything other than stock 320 may cause app compatibility errors in the Play Store. Set dpi back to stock 320, clear Play Store cache, clear google services framework cache then rebooting should fix this. This is not specific to this ROM so please do not report this as a bug -Will make fine women lose their drawers -Has been known to cause neediness and complaining in some users -Has been know to make heterosexual men offer themselves to me in a not-so-hetero way -Other than that it is perfect
Uploaded on 01/09/2012 AOSPxXx Build 20130109 quincyatt
*ROM Release* Changelog 1. New h0tcakez kernel v3.0! 2. All of the latest CM10 commits from jellybean branch! 3. Updated Montage Icon pack with some great new icons! 4. Much more stuff I forget!
Uploaded on 01/07/2012 AOSPxXx Build 20130107 quincyatt
*ROM Release* Changelog 1. Back from the Dead! 2. Gave the SystemUI a little bit of Transparency 3. All of the latest CM10 commits! 4. Updated Tools with latest installers, recoveries, apps etc! 5. Added in Lockscreen Options in Display and Tweaks 6. Updated user apps 7. More options in stock Launcher! 8. Updated Montage Icon pack with some great new icons! 9. Much more stuff I forget! 10. Much thanks and respect to rquiett for holding it down in my absence! He is the reason it is still here!